TWERES wants to develop the following activities as an interest group of second home residents
- Informing second-home owners in Belgium and Belgian second home owners abroad about subjects that concern them.
- To create a multilingual forum through which second home owners in Belgium and Belgian second home owners abroad can contact each other to exchange experiences and relevant information.
- Defending the interests of second home owners in the event of disproportionate government measures, for example in the context of a pandemic.
- Develop and roll out an effective strategy against unfair Belgian taxes on second homes in Belgium or abroad.
- Strive for a better legal position of owners-occupiers of second homes (mobile homes or other holiday stays) in campsites or holiday parks.
- Systematically reacting to stigmatising messages about second-home residents via the press and social media.
- Together with other groups, provide information on co-owners’ rights, especially towards syndics.
- Seeking opportunities for second-home residents to have a say in issues that affect them at local, regional or national level.
These objectives are only realistic if second-residents massively join a single interest organisation for the whole country. We are very numerous as a group, but only together do we have a powerful voice.